Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

Well, that was fun

I'm posting from my BlackBerry so hopefully this works. I went in for my growth scan this morning. Babies are doing awesome! They are still both head down, PLENTY of fluid and their weights are awesome! Baby girl is 5.6 lbs and baby boy is a whopping 6.1 lbs!! Yay sweet rock star babies! This makes their Mommy and Daddy super duper happy! We ran into one little problem during my scan. I got sick. Like totally throwing up sick. Don't know WTH was up with that. Once, the tech had me roll over onto my left side for a bit but when we started again I had to run to the bathroom. It wasn't mortifying at all that I didn't make it to the toilet and chucked in the sink- and clogged it. Sweet. Hey, it's a Dr's office so they see that sort of thing all the time right? Ugh!! So the Dr sent me straight over to my NST where I started barfing again so I got a trip straight to labor and delivery. They put me on a monitor for 2 hours. Gave me IV fluids so I wouldn't dehydrate and gave me some Zofran. They ran some bloodwork and everything came up normal. Babies looked great on the monitor so they sent me home. My BP is holding steady at what it has been for the past week. They aren't concerned about anything. They told me to rest up and my Dr doesn't want me to work until she sees me again on Thurs. The nurse in L and D was really surprised that I'm almost 36 weeks with twins and that's the first time they ever seen me! It has been an interesting day. I'm totally spent. And to top it off I have an awesome cold! Great timing for a cold eh? At least for now it's only a chest cold and not in my head. Gotta do some deep breathing soon n all that stuff. They think that the nausea came from laying on my back during my scan but I don't know. I was feeling crappy right before I laid down and I lay on my back all the time and I'm ok. Soooo who knows. I feel fine now, just tired.
So that's been my day. How's yours? :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aaawww.. I hope you are feeling better. I am glad to hear that everything is going perfect with your babes! You're in the homestretch, friend! You are doing great.

Michelle said...

That is great that the babies are doing so well and so big. My daughter is preg. with twins she is 20 weeks I am hoping she does as well as you, I often show her your blog. Take care
Michelle