Today's appointment went pretty good I guess.. My BP is definitely starting to creep up. Today it was 138/90 and eventually dropped to 136/78. Apparently it's time to stop trying to be Superwoman as my Dr. officially cut my work schedule down to 1/2 days. I can't say I'm super disappointed by this as my afternoons at work were becoming increasingly miserable but I do feel kinda like a failure. I mean, I really thought I could and would end up working full time until these kids got here. That's what I wanted. I didn't want to waste any of my FMLA sitting at home with babies in my belly when I could spend it with them. But looking at the big picture- it isn't worth it for me to be stubborn. All in all if I end up working until Friday June 4th, 2 weeks from tomorrow, doing 1/2 days I will only be using 1 week of FMLA. AND if me working 1/2 days keeps these 2 in the oven longer and out of the NICU it's totally worth it. I would rather use 1 week of leave at home before they get here than 1 or 2 weeks of leave visiting them in the NICU. So I worked 4 hours today and went home and took a 2 1/2 hour nap! IT.WAS.FABULOUS. Now I really hope I can sleep tonight. :)
In other news, I am a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. Yeah, might not be much but it's something! Dr. told me that basically with first time moms you need to thin out first before dilation will begin. At least I think that's what she said, my mind is in a fog right now- just waking up from a 2 1/2 hour nap n all. AND I have started getting real contractions! Meaning it isn't the usual uterine tightening w/out much pain at all, type of contraction. It's been happening for a few days before I finally figured out why the cramps I have been getting feel like I just started my period. DUH! I had to google to figure that out.. yes, I googled :) My mom and hubby think that I will be delivering within the next week. Hmm... I guess we'll see. I'd like to see 36 weeks next Wednesday.
I had NO protein in my urine today! Hooray! But I did have some blood and my white count was high so they sent my urine out to be cultured. No word back yet on that. I had my Group B Strep test and that takes a few days to come back. My NST went really well. My babies did awesome! They are still both head down and things still look great for a vaginal delivery. Now I may actually believe that I will go into labor on my own since these contractions have made an appearance. I think the babies have dropped as well cuz OMG I have some major crotchity pain when I walk, stand, lay, breathe. Must be pressure n all from my 9+ lbs of baby! I have another growth scan on Monday and I'm thinking based off of my last growth scan 3 weeks ago, if they gain 1/4 lb a week baby girl should be almost 5 lbs and baby boy should be close to 6 lbs! I can't wait to find out! So, things are going strong but moving along! It makes my heart race to think about the fact that I will be meeting my children very, very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
I am so excited for you!!! Saying prayers hoping you make it to your 36 week mark at least.
Post a Comment