Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Keep on keepin on!

My appointment went pretty darn good today. Babies are great! Baby girl weighs 4.2 lbs and baby boy weighs 5.1 lbs! Good job babies! They told me at this point their growth could slow a bit compared to a singleton. The average weight gain for a singleton is 1/2 lb per week but with twins it could be more like 1/4 lb per week. The tech told me that my babies are growing wonderfully! That makes momma sooo happy! I feel really good that little boy is at the 5 lb mark, now we just need to work on little miss sass-a-frass.

I am now 33W2D and everyone keeps telling me how great I am doing and how impressed they are that I have made it this far without complications and that I am still working full time. I hope it continues! During my NST today I was having pretty regular contractions but nothing too serious. I could feel them but they didn't hurt really. They felt more like menstrual cramps along with the tightening of the contraction. The nurse told me she isn't too concerned about them right now since now it is the time in a twin pregnancy that the body will start to tire out. She said it definitely shows uterine irritation but that I need to start taking it easy so they don't get stronger. She said no vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, long shopping trips ect. Hmmm.... since all of that stuff is on my list of things to do...... what to do, what to do..... I'll just have to find a way to make it work where I don't wear myself out OR I'll just make my hubby do it! Yeah, that sounds like a good idea!

My next NST is on Monday and then I see my Dr. again on Thursday along with another NST that day. I have my appointments and NST's booked out to Thursday May 27. I'll be 36W1D that day, I wonder if I'll make it! I'm starting to get nervous, anxious, excited. The time just keeps getting closer and I can't wait to meet my gorgeous babies! J put the dresser/changing table together last night.. OMG it took him 4 hours! I could hear him swearing up a storm in the nursery. The instructions were pretty ridiculous but it's done now and it looks great! We are going to finish up buying the rest of our stuff this weekend. Can't wait to get that done. In the meantime, I'm still doing tons of laundry for these babies. I didn't realize all the stuff I would need to wash.. Geez! And I HATE to do laundry. Guess I better get used to it! :)

3 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

So exciting! Those are great weights too - mine were smaller at 33w.. You are doing great - it always amazes me when I hear of a twin mommy to be working full time. I had to quit at 17 weeks! And to have no complications is just amazing - keep doing what you are doing! You are going to love being a twin mommy, it's the best thing in the world!

Lani said...

Just watched your slideshow- you look amazing:) Won't be long now0keep up the good work, mama!

Helene said...

Shelby, I just love coming here and reading your updates!! As crazy as it sounds, I totally miss being pregnant!

Your babies are great weights...at 34 weeks, when I had Garrett and Landon, they were only 5 lbs 1 oz and 3 lbs, 10 oz! Cole and Bella were born at 32 weeks and they were very small so you're doing really well!!!!

Isn't it crazy how long some of the baby stuff takes to get put together!!?? After Cole and Bella were born, I had this crazy idea one night to put together the double stroller and I swear I ended up crying and screaming because I could NOT figure it out. You'd think it'd be really simple but it wasn't!!

Hang in there...you're SO close!