Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

34w1d!

Yesterday I hit 34 weeks! Hooray!!! I had another appointment this a.m. with my MFM and everything looks great! My BP was awesome and I had just a trace of protein in my urine again. She said it was a bit higher than last week but she isn't concerned. As usual, I had a bo-jillion questions for her. She is awesome and doesn't rush me. She puts up with my all my neurotic ramblings on and I just feel very comfy with her. One thing I asked her is if she is going out of town any time between now and when I would potentially deliver. Well, just my luck- the answer was yes. She is going to be gone on Saturday and Sunday of Memorial weekend. Perfect timing.... Just for me to be 36 1/2 weeks prego and the prime time for me to possibly deliver if I haven't already. Ugh! So what did the overly hormonal pregnant with twins chic do? Yep, you guessed it, I CRIED! Seriously, I'm like a child right now! It's not her fault. I mean, why shouldn't she have a life right? But OMG it stressed me out. I have to just take it as it is and not stress. It won't do me any good and I can't do anything about it so I will just have to take it easy that weekend and picture my lovely cervix looooong and closed! :) At my appointment next week I get to experience what all of my friends have described as a very pleasant experience.... the internal check of the cervix. Good times! Actually, I am very curious to see if nature has started taking it's course and if I'm any closer to meeting my adorable offspring. I am getting anxious. As in I just want to meet my babies and see their gorgeous faces anxious. Not the I can't stand being pregnant anymore and I am going to rip my hair out if this lasts any longer, type of anxious. I am doing fairly good. I think the babies are dropping. I have been feeling more pressure in the lower part of my belly over the past few days. Sleep is a little better this week but damn, it is hard to change positions in bed. IT HURTS! Not gonna sugar coat it. My hips feel displaced or something so when I move while laying down it isn't very comfy. I feel it while I walk as well. I really try my best to waddle the least amount as possible but it's hard. It's like my hips have spread so far apart that if I try to put 1 foot right in front of the other it's completely unnatural for my body. Interesting what this pregnancy thing will do to a body. Totally worth it though!

Another thing my Dr. told me is that with a twin pregnancy, most likely I will go into labor rather than have to be induced. I really hope this is the case. I'm afraid that being induced will just up my chances of having to have a C-section and I DON'T WANT THAT! So far everything is looking great for a vaginal delivery! Both babies are head down and that is the most important thing. She told me that if I make it to 37 weeks we will schedule an induction as she won't let me go past 38 weeks. I feel like a ticking time bomb! I know that at this point it really could be anytime that these babies decide to show up. Every new feeling or sensation sends me into a semi-tailspin just waiting to see what will happen next. I can't wait to meet them but I'm hoping it is still a few weeks away!

** on a side note-- any Moms of Multiples out there -- you need to watch National Geographics DVD "Multiples, inside the womb". Sooooo cool!

5 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

Yay for 34 weeks!!! I am hoping you won't be induced either - I made it to my c-section date at 38w2d with no real signs of labor, but I don't know anyone else who was carrying twins that didn't go into labor earlier. Plus I had a short and funneling cervix, so I guess I was an anomoly ;)

You are going to be shocked at how quickly all of those aches and pains go away! I remember toward the end of my pg thinking I was going to always feel that way and once I gave birth (well, a few hours later when I could feel my legs!) All of those pains were gone. my acid reflux was gone too, and I was able to move around very easily the day after my surgery. Plus I felt so much lighter! And I was actually in balance!! And I would have been able to sleep had it not be for the fact that I couldn't take my eyes off my babies :) I can't wait for you to experience the powerful feeling of being a mommy - there's nothing else like it :)

Thanks for the DVD info too - I will have to check that out!

Kimberly said...

yay for 34 weeks! that's so great. congrats, you are doing awesome. i can totally relate to being uncomfortable, but not done!

Sarah said...

You're doing an awesome job! Congrats on hitting the 34 week mark. It's kind of surreal to think that the babies could be here at any moment though! I'm crossing my fingers that they stay nice and cozy inside.

Oh BTW, you're just gonna love the cervical checks. :( It's not a good time.

Stephanie said...

Dear Shelby, I would like you to start posting more pictures.
Thanks, Stephanie

Brooke said...

Dude you're almost 35 weeks! This has gone by really fast for me! It's the best thing ever when you're no longer pregnant and you feel like you can breathe and walk and move again. You walk around for a sec feeling all sexy because your stomach feels SO small even though it totally isn't. Ha ha. I'm SO EXCITED for you! You are about to experience the most amazing moment of your entire LIFE. It's such a miracle. I just can't wait.