Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Laundry & cleaning & laundry

Not a whole lot is new here. The title pretty much says what I've been up to for the past week or so. I never imagined I would have this much laundry to do to get ready for the twins! I have finally finished washing all the newborn clothes and the towels, washcloths, blankets ect. Next on my agenda for laundry is the 0-3 month clothes. Oh, have I mentioned that I despise laundry? Like, I seriously hate it. I'm the girl that will go out and buy new underwear so I don't have to do laundry. Looks like a lot is going to change for me eh?! :)

On Sunday we went to BRU and finished purchasing stuff we need from our registry. It was fun but very time consuming. I thought we had a ton of stuff after my 5 baby showers..... Now we have even more and still no place to put it all. That is where the cleaning comes into play. I have been meaning to clean out closets and cupboards for months and of course I procrastinated cuz well, that's what I do! So now I'm feeling overwhelmed with all this stuff separated out into piles all over the house and time is just moving forward everyday and getting closer and closer to when these 2 make their debut. I finally broke down and told my mom and MIL that they can come over this weekend and help me organize. That was very hard for me to do! Basically I didn't have a choice-- hubby made me do it! I know that at this point he knows best and I'm probably being stubborn but I just don't want other people in my mess ya know?! (not that my house is a pig sty or anything like that but some areas aren't as organized as other areas)! :)

I'm tired of this crappy weather. Today is rainy and like 47 degrees. Really? On May 11th it's 47 degrees? What a joke! Tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad but then it starts to warm up a bit. Until next week when we are supposed to get more freakin rain mid week. Ugh! Just warm up already and be done with it! I'm in one of those moods today. I'm uncomfortable and I just want to be off work! Yes I'm still here full time and that's fine with me but by around 1 or 2pm I'm really just done for the day. I get very restless and it drives me nuts. Like I can't sit still at all and I need to move around. This happens to me when I try to go to sleep at night. So irritating! I know I'm complaining a bit and I hate to do it. I waited long enough for these babies and I am very grateful, don't get me wrong, I just feel the need to B & M today. I know my discomfort is only temporary and I'm not going to be selfish and say I'm done. I'm so not done! I'd keep these 2 in me forever if it meant they would be born fat and healthy. People ask me all the time if "I'm done". I say no, I'm done with they are done. And hopefully they aren't done before it's time for them to be done! Oh see now I'm just rambling!

Tomorrow is 34 weeks! Yay for 34 week babies! I'm so proud of my babies for doing such a great job and getting so big! I feel very fortunate especially when I read other twin mommy blogs that aren't as far along as me and already having complications. My heart goes out to them and I hope that things will go well for them while on bed rest or whatever the situation is.

Once the nursery is more put together I will post pics. It should be more presentable after this weekend when I can get more stuff organized! Oh I hope it happens that soon, my house has been hit by a tornado of baby stuff and I need it all in it's rightful places! :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Let me know if I can do anything to help you! I don't know if you're aware, but I'm kind of an organization master... something I love to do. I would be more than happy to help you with anything. It's getting so CLOSE! I can't WAIT TO SEE THEM!