Yes I'm still sick and miserable! Ugh!!! Not a good week for me. Everything has been so great with my pregnancy until this week. BLAH! I was hoping today I would feel much better, go to my Dr's appt in the morn and then head into work for 4 hours. Of course the world has different plans. I didn't sleep a stitch last night. I took a Ben.adryl around 8pm hoping that would help me crash out but I think it did just the opposite (which isn't usual). I can always count on that, at least, to help me sleep. My hubby got up this a.m. at 5:30 to go to work and saw me downstairs on the couch watching the tube and said "I seriously thought you were in bed just now". Um nope, not since like 3am. What a set back.
I went in for my NST and appt this morning. Babes are doing great! For the first time in all of my NST's, they had to buzz little man today. It was actually kinda sad :( Imagine that you're just chillin, enjoying the slight rocking of floating in amniotic fluid and all of the sudden BLAAAART!!!!! Oh sad! They both jumped like seriously jumped. Then my little guy got the hiccups. Poor boy! But all was well with the NST. My Dr. gave me a Z Pack for my cold. She said it may or may not help but it won't hurt. She said the best thing I can do right now is rest. IMTIREDOFRESTING! I would rather be at work NOT wasting any of my 12 weeks of FMLA. But it is what it is and I wasn't about to go into work today after a sleepless night anyway. My Dr. wants me to be done with work. She said that no one 36 going on 37 weeks pregnant with twins works at this point. I understand her point and believe me, my work ethic isn't that strong! I work cuz I have to not because I loooourve every second I spend there (for the record I do love and appreciate my job) :) I would just rather spend as much time with my babies as I can before I go back to work. So, my plan is to rest for the rest of the week/long weekend and come Tuesday I will feel fab and will go back to my regularly scheduled program. As long as I haven't had babies n all.
She checked me again today. Not a whole lot has changed since last week. She said I'm almost dilated to a 1. I was a fingertip last week. She could feel my cervix and said it was very soft but couldn't get a good read on it cuz the baby's head was in the way. That's good news! That means she's dropped since last week. It's so crazy to me that she can feel her head. :) She thinks I will deliver sometime next week. If not I guess we will schedule an induction. I would really rather go into labor so fingers crossed for that.
Anyway, 36 weeks! Only 6 more days until my original goal of 37 weeks! Even if I don't make it to 37 weeks I feel like we've done great! I couldn't be happier! Well, maybe if I could get rid of this damn cold! And maybe if I didn't have this stupid rash on my belly that is driving me nuts! The babies are moving around like crazy and I know I will miss it but I'll have them in my arms so it won't get much better than that! I can't wait to see their little faces. I can't believe we are where we are now.... the bag is packed and in my car, people are checking in with me and my family in hopes that there is news. I can almost feel their warm little bodies sleeping in my arms and their warm little baby breath on my neck. I'm gonna be a Mommy! SOON! Like any day now. This has been my dream. A dream that at one time I thought would never become a reality. My heart hurt so bad and was so empty waiting for sweet little baby cry's to fill it. Could be tomorrow, who knows but it's just around the corner. God is great people and life is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Shelby I am getting excited as I read this post! I can't wait for your babies to get here too. What lucky babies you are about to have. I really hope this medicine helps your cold, that is a total rip off.
You are doing so amazing! I'm sorry you have a cold, especially since there probably isn't a whole lot to do about it. You have come so far and are almost there! Not too much longer and you can hold your sweet ones. It's so exciting!
There was never any doubt in my mind that you would be a mama. I knew that it would happen for you. I'm sorry you've been sick and can't WAIT to meet these two little munchies. You have done AWESOME! You are a pregnancy champ dude. I want to be good at pregnancy like you when I grow up ;-) I love ya! Can't wait!
Post a Comment