Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 15, 2010

30 Weeks!!

So yesterday I hit 30 weeks! Yay!!! Sorry I've been slow to blog. We have about a billion projects that need to be done before these 2 get here and I have been super busy! So lets see---- time to catch you all up.... Well, I had 2 WONDERFUL baby showers last weekend. I will post pics and details in a seperate post but I have to say I have the most fabulous family and friends! Everybody is so generous and obviously very excited for the arrival of our babies. I had such a great time at my showers and they turned out so wonderful that they deserve their very own post!

I took a nursing class on Tuesday night at the hospital that I am going to deliver at. It was an ok class. I wish Utah had a class specifically for nursing twins but there isn't one to be found. The class was geared toward nursing a singleton so I felt like I will learn more from my new book I just received "Oh yes. you can breastfeed twins!" and from the lactation specialist at the hospital that I will see when I have the babies. I think the only thing I learned that I didn't know is that my boobs will leak during sex.... Awesome! :) Something to really look forward too!!

I mentioned projects- we are still working on our hardwood flooring. We got the main room finished last week but we have a small sitting room that we are starting on Sunday. Once that is done the hardwood will be all finished! The main room looks gorgeous and once we have the base board back up I will post pics. We need to organize closets and cupboards and basically just make room for these 2 kiddos. We still need a dresser and we need to order the twin pack n play that they will be sleeping in when the first come home. I also have 3 more showers! My next one is this Saturday and I'm so excited!!! My widget shows 55 days.... AT MOST... 55 days! Holy sh**! That isn't very much time. I'm not feeling too overwhelmed yet but we've gotta get some of this stuff done or else I'm gonna turn into a crazy lady. Well, more crazy than I already am!

I get to see my babies again tomorrow! We have a growth scan and I can't wait to see how big they have gotten in 4 weeks. From here on out they should gain a 1/2 lb a week. That means a growth spurt for babies and a growth spurt for Momma!!! Should be interesting. Still no stretch marks! Do I dare say that out loud? If I'm going to be going through a growth spurt I better keep my lotion nearby!

And can I just say ... 30 WEEKS! That is so awesome! I can't believe that after almost 2 years of my body consistently letting me down it has become such a rockstar! Thank you body! Thank you God! I am so grateful for everything I have right now and the people that are around to support us. We are so loved and blessed!

I'll post tomorrow after my appointment and update you on my amazing children!!

No comments: