Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

6-8-10!


Yesterday was a milestone for me. I made it to my personal goal of 37 weeks! I really hoped I would make it but deep down I kinda doubted it. I should have known better. I'm a stubborn person and I think I've passed it on to my offspring! I saw my MFM this morning and we have set a date for induction! As you can see by the date in my title we are scheduled for Tuesday 6-8-10! I will be going in sometime Monday evening, they will insert something to soften my cervix. I will spend the night in the hospital and early Tuesday morning they will start the pitocin! Unless of course nature takes its course before then and I go into labor. HA! I really don't see that happening, refer to the previous statement about stubborn offspring. I am finally dilated to a 1 and now 80% effaced. A 1??? Two weeks ago I was a fingertip.... wow things are moving so quickly. Thanks cervix!


Anyway, it feels great to have a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a little more nervous than I was before now. Hubby is quite a bit more nervous than before. At the appt after we talked about the date he said "I think I'm gonna faint"! Of course he wasn't serious, just eluding to how he was feeling. I said "why, cuz sh** just got real"? :) And he was like yep! Uh huh- sh** just got real peeps! In 5 days we are gonna be mommy and daddy to two little babies depending all on us. Whoa! I'm so ready though. This is it. The moment we have been waiting for - for the last 2 1/2 years! And really for me, all my life. I've always wanted to be a mommy. I CAN'T WAIT! I will be 37w6d on Tuesday. Can't believe I made it this far. I've had such a great pregnancy.


For funsies I had my Dr measure my belly. 51 cm. Yep that's right, 51 weeks pregnant! And believe me I feel all 51 of those centimeters! My hips are killing me. I walk like a duck with a stick up her a**. I try so hard to walk as "normal" as possible but eeeeouch! My ribs on my left side are killing me. Like someone took a swift kick to my ribs with steel toed boots on. Good times. It doesn't help with sleep which is pretty non existent at this point. I swear it takes me a good 2 minutes to switch from one side to the other whilst laying in bed. My feet, ankles or cankles I should say, are super sexy. My face is huge, I can't wear my gorgeous wedding ring. I have started getting stretch marks on the lower part of my belly. I have about 5 or 6. They itch and make me angry. All in the name of mommyhood though right?! I would do it allllllll over again and that's a fact! The end result is SO worth it! Two beautiful, gorgeous, sweet little babies. Part me, part J. It's what I've been dreaming of!


I will leave you with my latest belly pic. This was on Monday, I was 36w5d. I will for sure take at least 1 more. I plan on taking one on Monday before we leave for the hospital. I'm curious to see how much water weight I lose in the first few weeks. Oh geez, I hope I'm not disappointed! :)


4 comments:

Kimberly said...

so exciting! congrats!!!!

mIcHeLLe said...

yay!!!!! I can't believe it is here...you are so close to seeing those two little beauties you have been waiting so long to see! Congrats on such an uneventful pregnancy! You are a pro! I think you look great. Soon it will be hard to remember what life was like without two little babies :) take care Shelby and keep us posted!

McKayle Hart said...

Yay this is so awesome! I can't wait. You have done a great job caring those babies! I bet you'll lose tons of water weight, I didn't swell really until around week 39 but after I had Savas I lost all the baby weight and water weight in 3 weeks... woo woo. I can't wait for you to feel so relieved once they are actually out and the placentas are out... its so weird to have your own body again without another person let alone two people inside you. Whew! Good luck and may everything go easy for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love you cousin!

johnson5 said...

2 kids, 4 in the family on 6-8-10! Sounds like an awesome # combination to me. I love you Shelby and am getting so dang excited for you guys!!!! PS Hi Jason!