The last few days have been rough. The rest of my little family didn't make it without getting sick. It has been bad! My poor Max got it the worst. Wednesday I started feeling crappy when I left work. When I walked in the door, hubby was holding Max and said "he's sick". He started throwing up around 4:45 pm and I got home at 5:40 pm. Within that 55 mins he had already thrown up everything in his tummy and was starting to dry heave. He continued to dry heave for the next hour. It was seriously the saddest thing. He would start dry heaving and his whole body would get really clammy and he would just scream and cry. Around 7pm he was dry heaving and blood started coming out of his mouth. We immediately grabbed the kids and got in the car. I called the pedi and they said to take him to the E.R. So we had our first E.R experience as parents and it wasn't pleasant. Basically, the Dr thought he got a little tear in his stomach from dry heaving so much/hard and it was causing a bleed. Supposedly it is something that can happen although not a normal occurrence. We gave him some Zof.ran and then some Pedia.lyte. He didn't hold it down. Sooooo, he had to have an I.V. It.was.the.most.heartbreaking.thing.ever. He screamed and cried so hard. Of course, they didn't get it in the first time in his arm so they had to move to his hand. My poor baby. This went on for about 15-20 mins and the kid had NO tears coming out of his eyes although he was screaming and crying. That's how dehydrated he was. It happened that quick. It was so scary. They got the fluids in him and some Zofr.an in the I.V. and he finally held down some Pedia.lyte. We got home around 2 am. Oh- and to top it off, I was sick too. While we were in the E.R. I was dry heaving in the sink and finally threw up a few times once we got home. I was achy all day on Thursday but I have quickly learned that it doesn't really matter when Mom is sick. You have to suck it up and be Mom. I'm fine. It wasn't horrible. It lasted about 12 hours and was gone.
Thursday my parents took Rylie. I stayed home from work to take care of my little dude. Around 1pm my phone rang. It was my Mom. I just knew what she was going to say... Rylie's sick again. OMG. Seriously? She wouldn't hold anything down. Once any fluid hit her stomach up it came. When I got her home around 6pm she hadn't had a wet diaper since around 1pm. I was soo scared we were going to end up in the E.R. with her as well. Luckily they sent us home w/some Zofr.an so we gave her some and she finally started to hold down Pedialyt.e. That night I was up every 2 hours giving them fluids to keep them from dehydrating.
Friday they both seemed to be feeling better. They were a bit whiny and clingy. I was home from work that day as well and I thought we were on the mend.
Saturday Max threw up in the morning. My heart sank. I felt so bad for him. I just want my babies to be happy and healthy. He was good throughout the afternoon. Still whiny and clingy. We finally got out of the house to get our picture taken with Santa (an appt I had made way in advance) and that seemed to help them feel a bit better. Maybe they needed some fresh air.
Sunday I really felt like they were going to be ok. Still a whiny day and to top it off poor Max is teething! So he is fussy and pulling his ear. I have checked inside with a scope and it looks clear. I really hope it isn't an infection. I had him back at the pedi for a bit on Friday and they checked his ears and they were clear. Tylenol helps him calm down so I really think it's his teeth. We took a small trip to Target to get out of the house. They were all bundled up of course cuz we got 1o inches of snow the night before! 10 inches!! But we all had cabin fever and needed to get out. When we got home he barfed again. And 1.5 hours later he barfed again! So back to the Zofr.an and Pedial.yte we went. It was a rough night as my little guy didn't sleep well and it was obvious he was in pain. Once we are sure he is holding down the Pedial.yte we have been giving him very diluted formula. And a smaller amount than he is used to. It's so sad because he acts so hungry and I just want to let him eat and eat but I've read that a stomach bug will affect digestion so it's best to eat smaller amounts. When we thought he was doing better yesterday we had increased the ounces and amount of formula. I really think his belly couldn't handle it and that is why he got sick again.
Today he seems to be doing much better. My parents have them and he has been a pretty happy baby. He isn't tugging on his ear as much today either.
*** on a very exciting note*** Rylie rolled from back to tummy on Friday! I caught it on my video camera on my phone. Now she thinks it's the best thing ever and is constantly trying to roll over. She's done it about 4 or 5 times now. Oh my baby girl is growing up! I was so excited when she did it the first time that I scared her and she started to cry. Oops!
So that has been my weekend. Fun huh?! I am just so worried about my babies and I want them to be all better. I know this bug needs to run its course but it needs to run a little faster. I don't like my babies being sick! Needless to say, I have been very very very overwhelmed and emotional. It has been an interesting first for us as parents. It's very hard to see them so sick and there is nothing you can do. I swear he looks at me like "Mom, aren't you going to fix this"? Ugh! We are supposed to have Thanksgiving at our house on Thursday as well and so that adds stress to me as I try to get the house cleaned and disinfected and then the sickness shows up again! I already want this week to be over!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Sad! I have totally been thinking about you guys everyday and praying for the little ones. I hope they are finally better and can just be well and happy little tykes. That poor little Max really had it bad. How heartbreaking. Nothing worse than seeing your kids sick. It's terrible. You are a good momma... they are well taken care of that's for sure. Love you guys!
Post a Comment