Monday, November 15, 2010
Peas!
The babies tried their first real solid food yesterday (besides rice cereal). We are starting with peas. They did really good! Max was gung ho from the first bite. He was actually leaning toward me with his mouth open before I could get more on the spoon. Rylie was a bit hesitant at first. She did a little gagging motion with the first bite. I'm sure that was just a reaction to tasting something with actual flavor. She did really good after that first taste. She wasn't as excited as Max but she ate it all up and didn't spit any out. We'll keep on the peas for a few more days and move on to squash I think. Once we have a good idea of what they like/dislike I am going to try making our own baby food. I've researched some baby food cookbooks and I think I will go with "Love in Spoonfuls". If any of you have tried one that you like please let me know. I'm not going to go out and buy it yet so I am open to suggestions. It will be much cheaper to make it and healthier for the kids as I will only do organic. I hope it works out. The only thing that may make it from working for our family is the time issue. With me and the hubs working full time I just don't know if we will have the time for it but I am sure going to try. I've heard it isn't as time consuming as you would think. Once I get the hang of it I'm hoping I can just breeze through it. Plus you make a bunch at a time and freeze it so that will be helpful. Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
Making baby food is super simple - even easier once they are able to eat more of what we eat - toss some chicken, green beans, and carrots into a blender and done!
Baby Love is a great book too!
Post a Comment