Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rylie Bug caught a bug...

Watch out folks! A gastrointestinal bug is going around. I found this out yesterday as my sweet tiny little miss covered me in vomit on numerous occasions! Yes, yes I know- the child constantly covers me in barf but this was different. This was of the projectile kind that shoots across the room and splats on her brother. The twins seldomly projectile vomit from their acid reflux- they just constantly throw up. So when this started happening yesterday morning I knew something was wrong. She wasn't eating much, maybe 1-2 ozs and when she threw up I SWEAR it was way more than that! As I mentioned, she got it on Max. Let me set the scene---- I'm sitting on the couch with each baby on either side of me, facing me, sitting in their bouncy seats. This is what I do to feed them if I am alone and they both need to eat at the same time. Max was chowing down his bottle and falling asleep. Rylie wasn't too interested in her bottle so she was just sitting in her chair playing and cooing and being her adorable self. Max finished his bottle and promptly was out like a light. I was talking and playing with Rylie when she started coughing. I grabbed her arms to sit her up and she totally pulled an exorcist move on me! Barfed all onto my chest and all over her. It was gross, I'm not gonna lie. It was the 2nd time I had been puked on in 2 hours. I grabbed her, put her back in the tub (bath #2 for the morning) and got her cleaned up. I had moved Max from his seat to the swing to nap. I went to set Rylie down in the seat that Max had been sitting in and that is when i noticed that it was covered in icky stuff. It took me a few seconds to realize what it was. OMG seriously?! I looked at sweet, handsome Max sleeping soundly in the swing and saw that he had puked splattered on his onesie and even had it in the fat little fold of his neck. Oh, poor boy! Gross!!! So yeah, fun story to tell the kids... Rylie- you puked on your brother.

She is much better today. I talked to the pedi yesterday and they said there is a bug going around that causes vomiting and diarrhea. Fortunately she didn't get it as bad as the pedi made it sound. My hubby had it yesterday too so now we know where she got it from. Now, if only Max and Mommy can make it through without catching it.....

1 comment:

Lucky Jones said...

Oh poor Rylie!! So far we have been lucky.. Dylan does have a sniffly nose but that doesn't stop him from being himself :)

And I love that you call Rylie "rylie bug" - I cal my Riley Riley Doodle or Doodle Bug :) Josh calls her Riley-Bird lol!