The babies have chosen their favorites.
It has become very clear over the past few weeks and it rings true to what you always hear; girls love their daddy's and boys love their momma's. Don't get me wrong- it's not like they don't like the other parent but it's obvious who they prefer. For instance, when the hubs is holding Max all he does is look around for me or stare at me like "hey, woman. Why aren't YOU holding me"? And when the hubs is holding Rylie and talking to Max, she will get irritated and start making noises or grab his face. She doesn't do that when I hold her. It's so cute to see how Rylie is with her daddy. She stares at him, nuzzles him and as I mentioned before- gets ticked if he isn't looking right at her. Max on the other hand thinks I am the funniest person alive. I can get that kid to really laugh. It's so funny because I'm not doing anything in particular when he laughs. Usually I'm just talking to him or I'll stick my tongue out at him. They are getting really good at mimicking us when we stick our tongues out at them. It's really funny. Rylie has started this fish face thing and she does it all the time. That kid is just adorable.
They turned 5 months old on Monday! 5 MONTHS! Wow..... They are doing really great. They have been on rice cereal (with a spoon) for almost 2 weeks now and I plan on introducing a vegetable on Sunday. I'm really excited to see how they react. I guess it's time to set up the high chairs. As if our house isn't completely taken over by baby stuff already! :) It really is baby central around our parts. We are constantly stepping over bouncy chairs, moving jumpers or swings, setting aside activity mats or kicking around toys. And the laundry..... oh man. Having 2 very barfy kids equals A LOT of laundry. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I have a full house, full arms and a full heart!
I always feel like there is so much more to say when I think of a post in my head but when it comes time to type it out I go blank. I need to start writing stuff down so I don't forget. Their nighttime fussiness has stopped, thank goodness! They aren't really that fussy right now. They are definitely more fun each day as they develop more and more. I miss them so bad right now. Only 2 more hours until I get to see them. Leaving them 4 days a week is really hard and I thought it would get better with time but it is actually getting harder. They still haven't rolled but they are both SO close! I'm really surprised it hasn't happened yet. Hmmm... maybe I need to put them down more often but when I am home from work all I want to do is hold them and love on them. I look forward to the weekends because I know I get to spend all my time with them. I don't want to miss anything! They are also doing a lot better with sleeping through the night. Max has STTN 3 nights in a row now. Rylie STTN 2 nights ago but last night she woke up around 1:30am to eat. Hopefully Max will continue and Ry will follow suit. I don't mind it though. Honestly, I panic if they both STTN because I'm going to wake up no matter what and when they haven't woken me up I freak out and grab the video monitor to make sure they are ok. If I concentrate hard enough I can see them breathing. The other night I had to get up and go into the nursery though because Max was sound asleep and breathing very shallow so I couldn't see his chest moving. Thank God for video monitors!
Have a great weekend everyone! Do something fun and love on your babies if you have em. I know I'll be loving on mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
soo fun! Cash just barely started rolling over this month...and only from belly to back...however he gets his arm stuck a lot still...oh and still doesn't STTN...boo. but i'm w/you...don't really mind...because they are growing up TOO fast!
Love that the kidos are picking favs...and love that you can get em laughing...isn't that the best?!
You're a great mama!
So true!!! Riley beams at Josh and Dylan MUST have me in eyesight at all times!
Post a Comment