Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 30, 2010

One year ago today...

My babies were conceived 1 year ago this very day by IUI and Clo.mid. I consider my hubby and I very lucky. We had an 8% chance of getting pregnant through IUI. And twins? Well I wasn't even going to worry about that- we had a 12% chance of getting pregnant with twins on Clom.id but I was more concerned with that measly 8% chance of getting pregnant in the first place. It was our 2nd cycle and I was expecting it to take at least 5 or 6 if not work at all. So once again, yes, we got lucky! We had been trying to get pregnant for 20 months, miscarried once 7 months into our journey and 13 months later- Voila!! I saw 2 lines on that dang stick for the 2nd time in my life. I dropped to my knees and immediately started praying for a sticky bean. My miscarriage broke my heart and I knew I could never go through that again. I feel like this was my destiny, to me a mom of twins, and this was the only way for it to happen. All of the heartache and frustration finally paid off. I thought about that day 1 year ago, last night as I lay in bed in the middle of the night with an adorable little stinker girl who decided that she wasn't tired at 2am. I feel so loved by God that he chose me to be the mommy to these 2 little miracles. They are precious and irreplaceable and absolutely amazing! I remember telling my husband that "someday I will be able to say that all of this infertility B.S. has been worth it". I was right.

Happy 1 year of life my sweet little angels! You have made your Daddy and I the happiest people in the world!

3 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

Yay!! Happy creation day, babies!!

mIcHeLLe said...

So cool. and you're right..so worth it. what a journey, huh? can't believe it's been a year. thanks for all your support throughout this last year :)

Shelby said...

Michelle- you are so welcome and thank YOU for all of your support!!