Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

4 months!

Last Friday the babies had their 4 month birthday! We celebrated by being sick. Yep, that's right. The babies and I were all sick with colds. It pretty much sucked as it was the first time they had been sick and the first time I had to deal with sick babies so I felt like I didn't know what I was doing. In hindsight I think I did pretty damn good. I didn't freak out and immediately take them to the Dr. We all started getting sick on Thursday and by Friday afternoon they seemed to be feeling much better so I figured I would just watch them through the weekend and take them in if need be. Thursday night pretty much blew! By 11pm both babies were crying and screaming like I had never heard before. Sad! Especially Rylie. I knew she didn't feel good as her cry's were so different than her usual crying. We finally got Max to fall asleep in our bed while my husband laid on the floor and I rocked Rylie in the rocker in our room. She hardly slept at all. She just kinda stared blankly at the walls. Poor thing. She was stuffy and coughing and sneezing. Around 3am I finally just turned on the TV. I started watching Modern Family that I had on the DVR... oh boy big mistake! Rylie had finally fallen asleep on my chest and this show had me CRACKING UP! I finally had to pause it cuz I couldn't take it anymore. You can try to stifle laughter for only so long. The hubs barely slept and then left for work around 6am. That's when I finally fell asleep until Max woke up at 7am. I stayed home from work in the morning to be with the babes and take them to the pedi if I decided that's what we needed to do. Hubby came home from work in the early afternoon and I finished the day at work. I felt like crap but once you have kids it isn't about you anymore! :) I actually think I got it worse than the babies so that's good. They are still coughing and sneezing a bit but they are much better. We have our 4 mo well check tomorrow so I will talk to the pedi about it then.

I was going to take Rylie to get her ears pierced last weekend but when she got sick I knew I couldn't do that do her. She has played with her ear a few times (not like tugging on it like she has an ear infection) just kinda playing with the top of it. I know that I need to get em pierced ASAP cuz once she really finds her ears it's going to be harder to keep her hands away from them to let them heal. They are so adorable! I tried feeding them rice cereal last night with a spoon. Ha ha ha soo funny! I video'd it on my phone. They don't really know what to think of that spoon. They definitely need to get used to it. They kept spitting out the cereal and then Max would put his fist in his mouth and get it all over his hand. We are still using the Playtex Drop Ins bottles but only for Rylie. It seems to cut down her spitting up a little bit so we figured we would keep trying them. Max is back on the Dr. Browns. He doesn't like the Playtex nipples. They are too soft for him. Plus we don't get much spit up from him on the Dr. Browns. It's mostly Rylie. They are also sleeping in their own cribs in the nursery. They had been in the same crib since we moved them into the nursery but they are getting so much bigger now that it was just time. They are doing pretty good. We bought an extra camera for the video monitor so I can toggle back and forth from one crib to the other. It's pretty nifty. I'll update some more after their appt tomorrow. I'll also include some bullet points on what the babies are doing now at 4 months.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

oh, i'm so sorry you and the babies were sick! i hope you are all better now!