Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I finally did it!!!

I got Rylie's ears pierced! She looks so adorable! I can't tell you the anxiety I had over this. The pediatrician told me at her 2 month appt that it was ok to do it and I chickened out every time I thought about doing it. When it came down to it I just couldn't purposely hurt her. Lately she has been playing with the top of her ears so I knew it was just a matter of time before she found her ear lobes. That is basically what pushed me into doing it and I finally felt ready for it. My anxiety was WAY more than it needed to be. She cried for about 20 seconds and then she was fine! OHMYGOSH! It was definitely harder on me than on her. :) I took my bestie with me for moral support because I was so nervous. I'm glad she was there for me and also to help with Max. He started crying with her. It was cute. Could have been a total coincidence OR one of those weird twin things you hear about.. ya know- you feel pain so I feel it too type of thing. Doubtful but ya never know! I'm so relieved that it's over and done with! And she looks even more beautiful and princess-y than before! She acted fine last night so hopefully today she will be fine too.

Oh my babies! They are so amazing. I just watch them play and talk and giggle and my heart overflows with love for them. I can't believe they are mine sometimes. I don't know what great things I've done to deserve them but I feel blessed everyday of my life and I thank God everyday that he trusts me to do right by them. Life is good!

1 comment:

"The Mrs." said...

I am sure it was tough on the mama to hear her cry but I bet she is so cute! Thanks for the sweet e-mail.