Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby sign language

I am so excited to start learning sign language to teach the babies. My husband and I have talked about it and we think that this is a great way for us to eventually communicate with the twins before they can actually get the words out of their mouths. Of course we still have some time before they will catch on to the signs but for now I am going to start getting educated and know my stuff for when the time comes to teach them. I think we will just start signing for what we are saying while we talk to them, even if they are only 5-6 months old. That is probably the best way for them to catch on. I can't wait to be able to communicate with them. AND it is going to be fun to see if they sign to each other. How cute will that be? :) I bought a book today. It talks in detail about baby sign language and why it is important and then has an appendix w/over 300 signs. I know there are many more out there but we just need the basics really.

I know, once again, I am a slacker in updating. There is so much to say. The babies change daily and they are growing so much. They are starting to notice each other. But really all they do is just stare at the other one. Max will smile at Rylie and it is just so adorable. She basically just stares at him like "hmm, so that's the other thing that makes all that noise". They are amazing and incredible and I can't imagine life without them. I still haven't gotten Rylie's ears pierced. Maybe when she is 4 months old which is in just a few weeks. I can't believe they are 3 1/2 months old. 15 weeks old today! They are talking ALLL the time and smiling. They are doing a great job of holding their head up. We still work on tummy time and they are doing good. They really aren't pushing up with their arms yet but I think we're not too far off from that. They have started a bit of nighttime fussiness around 6pm til bedtime. This has gone on for about a week now. It's frustrating because I have always been able to take them anywhere at anytime and the other night I went out to eat with my parents and I felt rushed to get them out of there cuz Rylie started fussing. Naughty Miss! Max's eyes are getting more and more brown and Rylie's are still blue but I noticed the other day that right around her pupil is starting to turn brown. Hmmm.. we'll see what happens there! They are gorgeous babies! I know you have to take my word for that since I won't post any pics but believe me- THEY ARE GORGEOUS! I am not biased either :) I think they are both going to roll soon. They seem to work on that while they are on their backs. They are still in the nursery and doing well except last night. The little stinkers! Well, 1 little stinker mostly and that would be Mr. Max. He was up at 11:30, 12:00 and ate, 2:30, 3:00 and then 3:30 to eat again. Needless to say I am suuuper tired today. I'm so used to them sleeping through the night. They are starting to eat more so I think we need to sneak 1 more feeding in before bedtime.

I find myself really missing being pregnant these days. I'm so happy that my babies are here and I get to enjoy them but I think it's cuz I know the prospect of me having another baby is slim. I doubt we will have another one. My husband is more in board with this than I am. I keep telling him we aren't going to make any decisions until the twins are at least 2 or 3 years old. But if we do decide and it takes FOREVER again and blah blah blah-- how old will I be then? I don't know. It depends on the day. Some days I'm like, Oh yeah- I'm for sure done! And other days it brings tears to my eyes to think of not having 1 more. It's way too early for me to even be thinking of it but I just miss feeling my babies moving around in my tummy. Sometimes I put my hands on the top middle part of my belly and just think about the party that used to go on in there! Bleh!

If any of you have tried the sign language let me know how it worked for you. I think it is going to be so much fun to do this with our babies. I'll for sure post about it once we get it underway.

2 comments:

Hannah White said...

We love sign language in our house. In fact when Matt is done with Law school I plan on going to school in ASL. That has been my goal since my mission.
Our Little Man's favorite part of the day is Baby Signing TIme. I don't know if you have heard of this DVD or not but I swear by it. As a SAHM it is the only chance I have to take a shower.
He is so happy watching it and it is honestly so easy to learn. We use sign all the time now. He still isn't quite to the point where he signs back (6 months old) but he understands the signs and is much less frustrated than the other babies we associate with who are his age.
Your little ones are adorable by the way. I love seeing the few pictures your dad posts on FB. When they are a little bigger and can actually associate one with another, we should do a play date!
Love you and think you are AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Cute stories!