On Sunday we had the babies blessed. It was a very lovely day. We did it at our house and afterwards everyone stayed and we had burgers, brats and all the goodies that go along with em. My brother blessed Rylie and J's grandpa blessed Max. It was a very special day for us and for the babies. They were so good during each of their blessings. Not a peep out of either of them. I really didn't know how we were going to fit all of the people in our house but we pulled it off. We had about 35 or so people. All family and very close friends. They looked gorgeous in their white outfits. I borrowed them from my sister in law. Max wore the outfit my nephew wore and Rylie wore the dress my niece wore. Mind you my nephew is 11 now and my niece is 8 but the outfits are still bright white and beautiful. I think it is very special that they got to wear their cousins outfits. I feel kinda bad cuz I didn't get all the pics I wanted. I was in such a rush to get them in and out of the outfits (for fear of their continuous barfing) that I spaced getting pics of the two of them together and them w/me. We got plenty of pics of them with Daddy! They seriously looked so flippin cute! I feel so much better now, knowing that they have been blessed. Ohmygosh I just love them so much!
Everything is going really good in the nursery! They have been sleeping in there every night for over a week now and they sleep so good. They go down anytime between 8-9pm and they sleep until about 5-5:15am. I like that they are in there too cuz I can clean up and do whatever I need to do and not worry about waking them. I love to watch TV at night so that was really hard to do when they were sleeping right underneath it. I can't believe they are 13 weeks old today! Tomorrow they will be 3 months old! I just booked their 4 month appt today and I'm already dreading having to take them to get more shots. Speaking of shots, not that this is really related but I want to get Rylie's ears pierced and I'm totally putting it off! How the hell do you take your baby girl to get earrings shot thru her sweet little earlobes? ... ON PURPOSE! I just can't imagine putting her through that just cuz it's cute. But I REALLY want her ears done. She's still so dang tiny that I might wait until she is 4 or 5 months. I just don't want to wait until she is old enough to find and tug on her ears. If you, my bloggy friends, did your baby's ears- how old was she?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
The blessing turned out so nice and the babies looked so sweet and darling. Thanks for letting me be a part of the special day!
I didn't get Sayer's ears pierced until she was 11 months old. I just couldn't do it. Even when she was that old it was sad, so I don't know how people do it when they are tiny like that.
Post a Comment