The hubs and I got our adult Pertussis vaccination today. Basically- its just a Tetnus shot and its for Whooping Cough. When I spoke to the pedi about this he explained something extremely scary to us. I can't remember the exact # but he said that in the cases where infants die from whooping cough- 85%? Of them can be traced back to the EXACT family member that the baby caught it from. OMG I would never be able to live with myself. Its been about 7 yrs since my last Tetnus but the pedi said better safe than sorry and to get it again. This is pretty serious. I read a few weeks ago the 9 infants in California have already died from Whooping Cough. Scary. Poor babies. So now I feel better. Anything for my babies. Oh and we weighed them while we were there. Max weighs 12.14 lbs and Rylie is 10.15. Go fatties go! :) Their 4 month appt is in 2 weeks so we'll find out their % then. They are 16 weeks old today. I love them so much! They talk all the time now and they are starting to laugh too! So much fun!
We started using the Playtex Drop Ins today to see if that will help their reflux. I've heard really good things about them. We've been using Dr Browns and I like em but we need to try something else. I'll update in a few days about how they are working.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
I have SO many playtex drop in bottles...wish I could get them to you!
also, just fyi I have used the target generic drop ins and they worked great...I loved those bottles...but we eventually just bought regular ol gerber bottles w/a nipple.
hope that works good for you.
And I 100% agree..vaccinate! Good for you guys...I am a huge believer...
I have taken care of some VERY sick pertussis babies....so sad.
My daughter had twin girls on 8/30 and they are home now from the nicu for 1 week, we just started them on the drop ins today also, they get so fussy and gassy and can't sleep they were using the playtex ventair. keep us posted how they work for you. Question with reflux were they spitting up?
Post a Comment