Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

TIDWTFT

Good afternoon bloggy bloggers! I am ready for my 2nd installment of "Things I don't want to forget Thursday"! Hope you are all well and having a great day!



  • Since the twins turned 1 (last week) they seem to be growing up very quickly. Things are changing like mad around our house and I have come to the realization that my babies aren't actually babies anymore. Yes, they are toddlers now (although 1, I won't name names Max, isn't actually toddling yet). Rylie has turned into a very lovey little Miss. Now with me and not just her Daddy. She will put her head on my shoulder for loves and she will come up to me open mouthed for a kiss. Aw.how.sweet. I will give her kisses all day long! She walks up behind Max and puts her arms around his waist and lays her head on his back. That seriously melts my freakin heart!

  • Max points at stuff and says "zat" like he's asking "What's that"? Seriously so dang cute! This just started last night and he's been doing it all day. It's so fun to watch them start to comprehend things.

  • Rylie meows like crazy when she sees our cat Malcolm. She is in love with him and I'm pretty sure it's unrequited love. He couldn't care less about the kids. In fact, he always has this crusty look on his face like "leave me the hell alone" but he's a good sport. He's 11 and is set in his ways. I'm sure he daydreams about sending the kids back all day. Deal with it dude! When Rylie meows Max says "ba ba ba". I think in his head he's saying meow too but it doesn't come out quite like he intends. :) Silly boy!

  • We had the big Birthday bash on Sunday at our house and it was a success! We ended up with 75 people. I was expecting close to 100 so we were prepared. We had a snow cone machine, cotton candy machine, pinata's, super soakers for the bigger kids and tons and tons of sugar. My babies were on a sugar high the rest of the day from all of the goodies. But we found out they are normal kids. They like cake and candy and snow cones and all the trimmings. They were great through the whole party! They can handle getting passed around like crazy from person to person. They had a smile on their faces the whole time and didn't make one whine or cry.

  • Max took two steps yesterday. Hopefully it will pick up. I think he is just so mellow and laid back that he doesn't really care to walk right now. The pedi seemed to think that at some point sibling rivalry should kick in and he'll want to 1 up his sister but I don't think so. She's done everything first so far and I think he's ok with it.

  • We had their 12 month pedi appt on Monday. Here are their stats:

  • Rylie- weighs a whopping 19.0 lbs which puts her in 25% for weight and she is 29 1/4 in tall which puts her in 40% for height.

  • Max- weighs 21.14 lbs which is 40% for weight and 31 1/4 in tall which is 90%!! for height. I hope he is a tall boy!

  • They are doing great and the pedi was very happy. Next appt is at 15 mos. They had shots which for once they did really good with. We had our usual screams and cries but they didn't get sick at all! Hooray!! Hopefully we are over all of that crap with getting sick when they get shots. It's no fun for anyone!

  • They are still in their infant seats. That is partially me being selfish and milking them for as long as I can. Life will get a bit tougher once they are in their regular car seats due to the fact that I can't just carry them somewhere in their seats. Especially if I have to run in somewhere really quick. Loading them in the stroller is such a chore! They are rear facing still as Rylie doesn't meet the weight requirement to turn forward facing and the new suggestion is to do rear facing until 2. We'll see how long that lasts. Max is already sitting indian style (can I say that or is it not PC) in his seat. I'm not concerned with them staying rear facing until 2 but we need to at least get the little Miss up to 20 lbs first.

Life is going great. We have their 1 year pics on Saturday. Can't wait! And Father's Day is Sunday!!! They were only 12 days old last year on Father's Day and it was the first time I went out with them in the car. This year will be much less stressful and waaay more fun!

No comments: