Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Welcome to the nursery!

Yep you read it right! The kids are sleeping in the nursery! Last night was night #2 in there and they did awesome. The first night I had anxiety for the first hour or so. I couldn't take my eyes off of the video monitor. I love being able to see them when they make little noises but I hate that I can't see them breathing. I am totally paranoid and will constantly watch their chest move while they sleep. The first night they went down about 8:20pm. Max woke up at 2:45 to eat and Rylie woke at 5:30. Then around 7am Max woke again and Ry woke at 8am. We were up for the day at that point. Last night they slept from 9:45pm to 4am and 4:30. I had to wake them up this morning so I could drop them off to my Dad and I hated doing that. They were sleeping so soundly that they were snoring! Yep, both of my babies snore. So cute! I will continue trying this for a week before I move the rocker into the nursery. I just want to make sure that the last few good nights weren't a fluke and that this is permanent.

Oh my sweet babies are getting so big! They will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. Rylie is still so puney and tiny. I bet she barely weighs 9-9.5 lbs. Max is definitely starting to bulk up! He is probably 11 almost 12 lbs now. He's getting chubby little leggers!

In other news, the husband of one of my best friends was in a horrible mountain biking accident on Thursday night. He has a severe spinal cord injury and is currently still in the ICU. Everyday he has small improvements such as moving his feet, legs and hands. We are so hopeful and continue to pray that he will heal and be able to walk. This has been very scary and emotional for me. I hate to see him and my friend go through this. If you would like to read about him, here is the link to his blog http://christiansjourney1.blogspot.com/. If you are the praying type we would love your support!

1 comment:

mIcHeLLe said...

first of all...love that the babies are in the nursery...that really makes you feel like they are getting older, huh?
and about your friend..I am so so sorry! I just read the blog...my prayers are with them...how scary. I really hope all turns out ok.