Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

2 month appt and WORK!

Oh my goodness- I'm a slacker! The babies had their 2 month appt last week and I haven't even blogged about it yet! So sorry bloggy friends. They are doing awesome! Max weighed 10 lbs flat and Rylie weighed 8.4 lbs. Such a tiny little Miss! Max is in the 25th percentile for weight and height. Little Miss is in the 4 percentile for weight and 20th for height. The pedi said that is ok because she is gaining weight and always on the up and up. They had to have their shots and it was a mortifying experience... for Mommy. They did ok. Max screamed for about 30 seconds and then fell asleep. Rylie screamed for about 5 minutes. I cried too! They even held their breath and freaked me out. Such little stinkers! Their reflux is still a pain in the a**! The pedi said they both have an extreme case of reflux. So much fun for Mom and Dad. They are still on Prev.ac.id and I think it helps with the burning but not the barfing. They will still be spitting up when it's time for their next feeding. Poor little babes! Other than that they are awesome babies. They hardly fuss, sleep really good at night and are so adorable. They are getting more and more smiley and it is the cutest thing ever! I think Max is going to be one of those smiley babies where all you need to do is look at him and he'll smile at ya! :) They are still sleeping in our room in their bouncy seats. This is the best way for them to sleep with their reflux and until it's a bit calmed down, I think we'll keep em in our room just so we know what's going on with them.

I'm back to work.... :( I went back yesterday. I miss my babies so much during the day but it is nice to get out of the house. I just wish I didn't feel so guilty for leaving them. Hubby will be home with them 2 days/wk and my parents will have them 2 days/wk. I will be home with them 1 day/wk so that makes me feel a bit better about leaving them. At least they are getting lots of loves and kisses in Mommy's absence. I feel like I'm starting a new job with everything I need to catch up on. It's gonna take a few days to get back into the swing of things but it's good to see my friends and have some adult interaction. I have taken on a new role--- the working Mom. Last night I couldn't wait to get home and run into the house and sweep up my babies and give them extra special lovins. The night went by so fast after spending time with them, eating dinner, feeding them, giving baths and then putting them to bed. They were asleep by about 8:45 and I didn't get home from work until about 5:30 so that doesn't leave much time. I hope they don't forget me while I'm gone! ;) Well, this is the way it has to be for now so I will deal but believe me I'm not gonna do this forever! Someday I will be able to stay home with my kiddos.

That's about all that has been going on around our parts. Sorry I've slacked. I'll try to be better and update more often. It's hard to get downstairs to the computer when the babies are upstairs. Now that I'm back to work I'll have more computer time!

1 comment:

Lucky Jones said...

They sound like they are doing great! Except for the reflux issue - my friend Katie has twins w/reflux too, her blog is www.tootles23.blogspot.com :)

Sucks that you have to go back to work!! :( But they won't forget about you :)