Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

8 weeks!

My beloved babies- Rylie & Max

Today you are 8 weeks old! Wow time really flies. In a way it doesn't seem like it's been 8 weeks and in a way it reeeeaaalllyy seems like it has! :) We have really gotten to know each other and get used to each other. Mommy and Daddy have done a good job of adjusting to our new family and we love you so much! You are amazing and precious and absolutely adorable. I love staring at you both and kissing your sweet faces! Here is a list of things that you are doing at 8 weeks old:

Max-
  • you are so smiley! It is so easy to make you smile and it is the cutest thing ever. You have a very big and bright smile. All I need to do is say "hello my baby boy" and you grin from ear to ear.
  • You are starting to make cooing noises.
  • you have slept through the night once so far. Last weekend we went up to Bear Lake with some friends to their cabin and you slept through the night for the first time. Lets keep that goin k?! You are generally sleeping 5-6 hours at a time now but we would love at least 7!
  • you are eating 4 oz every 2-2.5 hours.
  • you spit up ALL the time! Your acid reflux isn't getting much better and you have been on Pre.vacid for a month now. We need to talk to the Pedi about this next week at your 2 month appt.
  • you are getting soo big! Not sure on your weight since it's been 3 weeks since your last weigh in but at that time you weighed 8.3 lbs so I'm gonna guess almost 10 by next week. You are starting to get fat rolls on your legs!
  • you kinda like your binky. It's a love hate relationship.
  • when I put you up to my chest to burp you, you lift up your head. You are sooo strong!
  • you are a little snuggle bug! You love to be held very close and tight and you hate to be swaddled.

Rylie-

  • you are starting to smile more and more every day. It is so easy to get you to smile. All I really need to do is look at you and you will smile a big ol smile at your Mommy.
  • you coo and make sweet little noises. You make the cutest noises when you yawn.
  • you love to stretch! This makes much sense since you would always try to stretch in my belly. You didn't have much room at the time but you are taking advantage of your room now!
  • you love your binky! When I say love- this is really an understatement. You can't be far from it at any time.This is gonna be hard for both of us later when it's time to take it away but it's better than your thumb!
  • you love the swing.
  • you are a cat napper. You will nap during the day for about 20 minutes at a time. The best way I can get you to really nap during the day is to put you in the swing.
  • you are doing a great job of sleeping through the night. This doesn't happen every night but it's getting more consistent. You sleep an average of 6-7 hours a night.
  • you eat 3 oz every 2-2.5 hrs.
  • like your brother- you spit up ALL the time. You are also on medicine and it isn't helping much. We'll see what the Pedi says about it.
  • 3 weeks ago you weighed 6.13 lbs. You are still so ity bity I would guess you weigh maybe 8 lbs now. We'll see next week. You are so tiny and petite and look just like a little girl!
  • you are so strong just like Max. You lift your head when I burp you and look around.
  • you HATE to be burped. You are very impatient and you don't like your meal time to be interrupted.
  • you hate to be swaddled and love to be cuddled!
  • you scratch your face so you need to wear little mittens all the time. Even if your nails are just clipped you will find a way to scratch your gorgeous little face.

Everyday is a new adventure with my sweet babies. I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store for us. I'm so sad that I have to leave you in 2 weeks and go back to work. Luckily we have Daddy and Grandma & Grandpa. Between all of us you will never spend a day in daycare! I love you my sweet babies. Happy 8 weeks!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

sounds like y'all are doing awesome and really enjoying the twins. how awesome!

Helene said...

8 weeks already?? Wow, it goes by fast, doesn't it?

They sound like such sweet babies! I'm glad you're enjoying them so much! Reading this update makes me long for those baby days!!