I felt very fortunate that we made it through the entire winter without getting sick. All 4 of us had a gastro thing in November but hadn't been sick since. In January I started using On.Guard essential oil from Do.terra in a diffuser in the nursery. I think that really seemed to help. Until 6 weeks ago!.... Actually, it was the first day of spring. The kids came down with a cold. Then the hubs and I got it. We made it through and I was still happy that they got only 1 cold all season. Then 2 weeks ago they got a runny nose and a cough again. Hubby and I made it through this one without catching it. Phew!! Then Friday last week they started with runny noses again! OMG! I'm really over it. Plus, I caught it this time, tenfold! I missed 2 days of work this week. It completely knocked me on my booty. I had the kids on Tuesday and I was miserable. No rest for me that day. Not with two crazy almost 2 years old running around like maniacs and getting into everything! So yesterday I sent them off to my MIL's so I could have some rest. But... it was weird and silent and strange. I'm NEVER home by myself anymore. Not since I've had my babies. I didn't know what to do with myself. I kept thinking "hey, I've got uninterrupted time here. I need to clean and do this and do that and get sh** done". All I could think about were the germs flying around my infected house so I cleaned. I cleaned slowly as my energy level is NIL but I disinfected my kitchen, the great room and the nursery. Those are the places the babies spend most of their time. It took me all day because I kept having to take breaks and sit on the couch. Daytime TV sucks by the way!! So now the house is clean, babies are on the road to recovery. Their noses aren't running anymore and they still have tiny coughs but they are good. Mom on the other hand is back to work because I have no choice. My head feels like it's in a vice. I'm so stuffy it's driving me crazy. I hate hate hate being stuffy!! Give me a sore throat any day but not a stuffy head. My cough makes me sound like I'm dying. Man alive!! Why do the adults seems to get this stuff worse than the kids. Thankfully, we've all been vaccinated for whooping cough so although it was always in my mind to pay attention to their coughing, I felt assured that we wouldn't have an issue. I'll be fine. Just needed to vent! :) Hey, at least I blogged twice in a week right? Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment