Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Birthday parties are expensive!

My babies will be 1 in less than 2 weeks! I can't believe it! I have no idea how this happened so fast. I have been really reminiscing the past few weeks. Re-reading my blog and thinking about where I was a year ago at this time. I was so excited and anxious to meet my babies. This week last year I was soo soo sick with that dang cold. I missed a whole week of work because of it and I was just miserable. I was so worried I would go into labor and have my babies while I felt horrible. I'm so happy they stayed put for a bit longer. I look at them now and I am in awe of how big they are and how much they have grown and changed. Parenthood is really amazing! Tiring, overwhelming, humbling and simply amazing!

We are having a big birthday bash for the twins. Like seriously people... it's big. Um... I'm pretty sure if it rains we are in for it because I can't fit 100+ people in my house. Oh yes you read that right. I told you it was big! And that's just family from both sides. I am sooo excited to celebrate their 1st year of life! I have many mixed emotions. I know I will be emotional that day and I think it's mostly because of how much they have grown and changed. And how fast it's happening. I'm ok with them turning 1. Honestly it feels like quite the accomplishment. It's tough raising 2 babies at the same time. I feel like Jason and I have done a really great job. Obviously we've tumbled and fallen a few times ;) but our babies are happy and healthy and they know they are loved so year 1.. check! We did it!

I'll come back and update more on how big they are and what they are doing now. For now I've gotta get back to work. Have a great Memorial Day weekend! I hope everyone is safe!!

2 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

awwww....seriously! where did this year go???? you done good mama! Can't imagine two babies at one time...but then if they were mine, i'm sure I couldn't imagine it any other way :)

Sarah said...

Seriously, are our babies one already? I had a moment yesterday when it was the girls "official" birthday. Couldn't believe how fast time is going. But you are so right--birthday parties are expensive! And I am driving myself crazy with the planning. How is your party planning going? Give me some tips if you have them.

Hope you have a good weekend!