Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sick lil sickies

We have been super lucky this winter to avoid much of the sickness, rsv crap that has been going around. The last time they were sick was Christmas/New Years when they both got colds and Rylie ended up getting a double ear infection (1st and only for the twins thankyouverymuch). But they caught a bit of a cold over the weekend last weekend and we have been dealing with snot snot snot since then. The whiny, stuffy, sleeplessness of the cold only lasted for a day or two which was very nice but they are still really stuffed and have major runny noses. We have been sucking out tons of boogies in the past few days! They are for sure on the mend and have started back to sttn. Oh yeah, forgot to mention THEY ARE BOTH SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! Rylie started about a month and a half ago and Max started about 2 weeks ago. Just when we had their 9 mo appt and I talked to the pedi about him not sttn (and the pedi told me to toughen up and let him cry. Oh yeah, super easy to do when your twins are in the same room and one has just caught on the sttn. Gee thanks!) Max started sleeping through the night on his own. Hooray!! The hubs and I got to have a date night last Saturday and we had so much fun! My parents took the babies overnight (3rd overnight) and we went to dinner and a movie. I have been to 2 movie at the theater since March of last year. While I was pregnant with the twins it just got way to uncomfy to sit in those seats for 90 mins+ AND I had to pee like every 20 minutes so we just quite going to the theater. We have seen 1 movie in the theater since they were born. I was sooo excited! I miss the small things like that. :) Anyway, we saw "Hall Pass". OMG soo freakin funny! If you're into the crude humor movies you'll love it! If you're not, well .. don't see it. It's got some pretty nasty moments. What am I saying about myself here.... um... well... I don't get offended easily and stuff like that doesn't make me uncomfortable so I think movies like that are pretty funny! Also, I got to go out to dinner last night with 2 of my besties and leave the babies home. We had a good time and it was nice to have some girl time. Tomorrow I am going to lunch with another one of my besties and the babies will be coming along for the ride. I'm really lucky that they are so good when I go out with them. We have always gone out and about since they were around 3 weeks old so I think they are just used to it. They are such amazing little tinies! Oh, and I am starting to plan their 1st birthday! OMG HOLY CRAP! I can't believe it. It is just over 2 months away!!!

No comments: