Well the babies are almost 6 weeks old! I can't believe it! They are getting so big and they are absolutely adorable. Right now Daddy has taken them over to his moms house for a visit so Mommy can get some cleaning done. Yes, if there is one thing that is most neglected since the arrival of the twins it's my house. Oh boy. It is so hard to get stuff done around here. It seems that during the day one sleeps and the other stays awake. I think we have spoiled them just a little as they always want to be held while they are awake... ooops! Didn't mean for that but hey, why have em if you aren't gonna love on em like aaaallll the time right?! :) It feels good to have a clean smelling house!
Max has started smiling! Not all the time but I have been getting about 2-3 smiles a day. He is the cutest ever! He does this little 1/2 smile thing where one side of his mouth goes up in a smile. Rylie is working on it but nothing really by the way of smiling yet. Only while she is sleeping but it's still the cutest thing! As for Max's diaper rash... ugh- we are still dealing with it. We went back to the pedi last Wednesday and he took a look at it. It was getting better at the time and he basically said to keep doing what we had been doing. But the next day it started getting worse... AGAIN! My poor little man. I've been using an anti fungal cream on it and it seems to be getting somewhat better but it is slow going. I'm still washing his little bummy off and not using wipes. I'm getting really tired of doing that and he screams most of the time that I do it so I really hope this thing goes away soon.
At the pedi on Wednesday Max weighed in at 8.3 lbs and Rylie was 6.13 lbs. They are a growing! Max is in the 15-25% for weight and Rylie is 3% but the pedi said there is nothing to worry about with her as she is moving up on the scale and that is what is important!
The days have been busy, I've been going and going it seems like. It's fun to go out with them and they do really well. They sleep most of the time. I had my post partum appt with the Dr. on Thursday and she said everything looks great. My ute is back down to regular size and everything has healed up perfectly. She said I can resume my regular activities.... in ALLLL my spare time! :) So I am thinking of getting an IUD... Anyone have any opinions? I hate birth control so it would be the non-hormonal IUD. We are both just a little nervous about not using anything although I'm pretty dang sure nothing is going to happen.... BUT we definitely want to be on the safe side! As much as I love my kiddos--- no thanks!! I am not saying we will never have another baby, most likely not but I am not going to make a decision until they are like 2 or 3 years old.
So that is it for now.. life is full these days and we are so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
sooo glad you are not getting the hormonal iud. I had the Mirena, and as much as people will say the amt. of hormones are nil to nothing...they are there..and if you are sensitive at ALL to b.control pill hormones, you will hate the Mirena. I had it before this pregnancy and it turned me into psycho lady...i'm not kidding....along w/many other side effects that I didn't realize until 1.1/2 yrs. after it was in....I could go on and on...anyway,
glad you are doing well...bummer about Max's sore bum...what a trooper! And still smiling through all of that.
So happy for you - hope you find the cure for Max's rash soon!
Would ya, could ya please post a twins pic or two? :)
Post a Comment